Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Entertainment/Theme Park Extinction

Big news today in the theme park world as A-B InBev's theme parks for $2.7 billion.

On the heels of the Six Flags bankruptcy it's hard to see the wisdom in this. Of late many entertainment and theme parks have been blighted, including the recent closure of Kiddieland in the Chicago area.

While trolling for retail closures, I came across this video of Santa's Village & Racing Rapids, a concept I remember well growing up in the Chicago area. It is a scary, but true picture of the industry today. Dozens of similar operations have gone out of business.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Nice find, my Dad worked at Kiddieland one summer when he was in high school. I like how you add that you found this while 'trolling for retail closures.' I wonder if Santa Claus, Indiana is next.